Online Shopping vs Brick and Morter Malls
Ok so we are totally biased, being an online shopping mall, but we still physically go shopping sometimes and buy online other times. The truth of the matter is that although both have advantages and disadvantages, there is more than enough room for all of us. So what’s the deal with online shopping?
Pros of Online Shopping
- You can shop anytime, anywhere you have an internet connection, AND get it delivered right to your door
- Makes comparison shopping easy
- No need to explain this one, you can get stuff online that you simply may not be able to find locally, especially if you live in a rural area with limited access to shopping malls.
- Deals, deals, deals….they are everywhere and sellers can give you those deals because they don’t have to pay the overhead of a brick and morter store.
- No parking hassles (especially at Christmas time J )
- No stress. Put those elbows in, you do not need to protect your space
- No pushy Sales People. You know, those ones who follow you around the store and then make suggestions as to what you should try on without knowing that the colour green makes you want to run for the hills. It doesn’t matter what it looks like, they all say that it looks great on you! Yeah…..sure…..
- Customer Reviews. These are oh so helpful and sometimes are just good for a laugh.
Cons of Online Shopping
- You can’t physically try on the items, but most of the time, the return policies are excellent
- Ensure that the shopping site you are using is safe and has a recognized payment system such as PayPal.
- Shipping costs. Although it’s great to have it delivered right to your door, sometimes there are charges that the consumer must pay. Lots and lots of online sellers offer free shipping, so find out first.
The fact of the matter is that online shopping is growing, and its growing fast! You have to decide yourself if its your cup of tea……..which, you can also buy online.
CEO / PinkTiger.com